ACU senior leadership is continually monitoring the rapidly changing global threat posed by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Information is being gathered regularly from a number of sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. State Department and the World Health Organization (WHO) as we consider what is best for the ACU community.
We have initiated the following actions:
- We will continue providing all instruction via online learning throughout all sessions of the Summer 2020 term. On-campus learning is scheduled to resume in the fall, beginning Aug. 24.
- We have developed a plan for returning to campus which prioritizes the health and safety of faculty, staff and students.
- May commencement ceremonies have been rescheduled for Aug. 7-8, 2020. Details needed to prepare for graduation are available at the following links for undergraduate students and graduate students.
- All students who successfully completed their Spring 2020 courses have had their degrees conferred on their official transcript, as usual. Students who complete degree requirements in the summer will have their degrees conferred once summer grades are posted, as usual.
- University-sponsored travel has been suspended until Sept. 30. Petitions for exceptions must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal travel for employees is strongly discouraged.
- FAQs have been developed for ACU audiences.
We are taking this global threat very seriously and keeping the safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff as our highest priority. We will implement any new restrictions or necessary measures to keep the ACU community safe.